Athena Wai Lin HONG
PhD, MHA, BAppSc(Nsg), RTN, RN (H.K. & Australia), FHKAN
- Medical Nursing
- Stroke Rehabilitation
- Sex Education
- Family Health and Family Violence
- Physical Activities (e.g. Tai Chi)
- Community Health
- Kwan ACM, Chu SKW, Hong AWL, Tam F, Lee GMY, Mellecker R (2015). Making Smart Choices: A Serious Game for Sex Education for Young Adolescents. International Journal of Game-Based Learning. 5(1):18-30.
- Chu SKW, Kwan A, Reynolds R, Mellecker R, Tam F, Lee G, Hong A, Leung CY (2015). Promoting Sex Education among Teenagers though an Interactive Game: Reasons for Success & Implications. Games for Health Journal: Research, Development, and Clinical Applications. 4(3):168-174.
- Tiwari A, Chan CLW, Ho RTH, Tsao GSW, Deng W, Hong AWL, Fong DYT, Fung HYKY, Pang EPS, Cheung DST, Ma JLC (2014). Effect of a Qigong Intervention Program on Telomerase Activity and Psychological Stress in Abused Chinese Women: a Randomized, Wait-list Controlled Trial. BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine. 14:300.
- Tiwari A, Lam GLL, Hong A (2012). Differentiating Intimate Terrorism and Situational Couple Violence: Process and Outcomes. 18th Annual Conference of NNVAWI Charlottesville, VA USA, 4-6 Mar 2012.
- Yu DSF, Lee TFD, Hong AWL, Lau TY, Leung EMF (2008). Impact of Oral Health Status on Oral Health-related Quality of Life in Chinese Hospitalized Geriatric Patients. Quality of Life Research, 17(3), 397-405.
- Woo J, Hong A, Lau E & Lynn H (2007). A Randomized Controlled Trial of Tai Chi and Resistance Exercise on Bone Health, Muscle Strength and Balance in Community Living Elderly People. Age and Ageing. 36:262-268.
- Wong SYS, Woo J. Hong AWL, Leung JCS, Leung PC (2007). Clinically Relevant Depressive Symptoms and Peripheral Arterial Disease in Elderly Men and Women. Results from a Large Cohort Study in Southern China. Journal of Psychosomatic Research. 63:471-476.
- Wong SYS, Hong A, Leung J, Kwok T, Leung PC & Woo J (2006). Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms and Depressive Symptoms in Elderly Men. Journal of Affective Disorders. 96:83-88.
- Wong SY, Woo J, Hong A, Leung JCS, Kwok T & Leung PC (2006). Risk Factors for Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms in Southern Chinese Men. Urology. 68(5):1009-1014.
- Wong SYS, Chan D, Hong A, Leung PC & Woo J (2006). Depression and Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms: Two Important Correlates of Erectile Dysfunction in Middle-aged Men in Hong Kong, China. International Journal of Urology. 13:1304-1310.