MEd, MSc (Health Care Management), MCS (Counselling), BHSc (Nursing), RM, RN, FHKAN (Education & Research – Education), FHKAN (Nursing & Health Care Management), FHKCHSE, FACHSM, AFHKPCA
Associate Professor (Nursing Practice)
Director, Advanced Training in Clinical Nursing
- Nursing administration & healthcare management
- Nursing education & counselling
- Primary health care & family medicine
- Health education & promotion
- Obstetrical & gynaecological nursing
- Medical & surgical nursing
- Rehabilitation & convalescent care
- Elderly & community services
- Evidence-based practice & applicable research
- Chinese-Western integrative nursing
- Quality, safety & risk management
- Occupational safety & health
- Mental health wellbeing & stress management
- Oncology & end of life care
- Breastfeeding & maternal depression
- On-line learning
- Care for carer & critical incident support
- Elderly & voluntary services
|2015||Outstanding Fellows Awards, Hong Kong Academy of Nursing|
|2012||Quality Improvement Award with highly commended on Clinical Excellence & Patient Safety, Australian Council on Healthcare Standards ACHS|
|2007||Outstanding Community Nursing Leader, Honor Society of Nursing Sigma Theta Tau International & Pi Iota Chapter|
|2002||Outstanding Nurse of the New Century in Hong Kong, Association of the Hong Kong Nursing Staff|
|2002||1st Runner Up Award for Outstanding Evidence Based Nursing Project, Nursing Section of Hospital Authority and Institute of Advanced Nursing Studies|
|2001||Best Hospital Program & Best Poster Award, International Hospital Federation Congress & Hospital Authority Convention|
|1997||1st President Award, Institution of Advanced Nursing Studies of Hong Kong Hospital Authority|
- Council Member, Nursing Council of Hong Kong
- President Elect, Hong Kong College of Nursing & Health Care Management
- Council Member, Chair of Professional Development Committee & Member of Education Committee, Hong Kong Academy of Nursing
- Vice-chairperson, Chinese-Western Integrative Nursing Committee, Hong Kong College of Chinese Medicinal Nursing
- Programme Director, Advanced Diploma Programme in Nursing Leadership & Health Care Management, Hong Kong College of Nursing and Health Care Management & Institute for Entrepreneurship Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- Program Committee Member, Professional Diploma in Advanced Nursing Practice, Nethersole School of Nursing, Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Editorial Panel Member, Hong Kong Nursing Journal, College of Nursing Hong Kong
- Panel Member, Clinical Assessor Accreditation Panel, College of Nursing Hong Kong
- Panel Member, Continuing Nursing Education Panel, Hong Kong Tuberculosis Chest & Heart Diseases Association
- Expert Advisor, UpPotential Company Limited, on-line self-help program to enhance mental wellness of individual
- Ng LV, Kam CW, Ng PTK, Chong SYC, Shek JKP, Chan SCK, Lee A. (2009). What are the major factors influencing patients' decision in queuing up for registration in a General Out-Patient Clinic attached to a regional hospital? Hong Kong Practitioner, 31(4), 176-185.
- Yip YB, Sit JWH, Wong DYS, Chong SYC, Chung LH. (2008). A 1-year follow-up of an experimental study of a self-management arthritis programme with an added exercise component of clients with osteoarthritis of the knee. Psychology Health & Medicine, 13(4), 402-414.
- Wu LH, Cheng YH, Lee CP, Chong SYC. (2007). An exploratory study examining breastfeeding practices among mothers in a maternity hospital in Hong Kong. Hong Kong Medical Journal, 13, 4-7. (Research grant by the Health Care & Promotion Fund)
- Yip YB, Sit JWH, Fung KKY, Wong DYS, Chong SYC, Chung LH, Ng TP. (2007). Effects of a self-management arthritis programme with an added exercise component for osteoarthritic knee: randomized controlled trial. Journal of Advanced Nursing, 59, 20-28.
- Yip YB, Sit JWH, Fung KKY, Wong DYS, Chong SYC, Chung LH, Ng TP. (2007). Impact of an arthritis self-management programme with an added exercise component for osteoarthritic knee sufferers on improving pain, functional outcomes and use of health care services: an experimental study. Patient Education and Counseling, 65(1), 113-121.
- Leung SF, Chong SYC, Arthur D. (2007). Reducing medication errors: development of a new model of drug administration for enhancing safe nursing practice. Asian Journal of Nursing, 10(3), 191-199.
- Chong Samantha. (2004). Chapter on “Nursing Research” by Suzanne Gordon. Saving Lives & Saving Money Why Nurses Matter in Hong Kong, 27-30.
- Chung LH, Chong SYC, French P. (2002). The efficiency of fluid balance charting: an evidence-based management project. Journal of Nursing Management, 10(2), 103-113.
- 張淑貞 杜愛瓊 梁麗娟 郭麗燕 莊婉珍。介紹香港醫院的三種護理記錄模式。中華護理雜誌，2002年4月第37卷第4期。