Denise Mei Kuen CHOW
PhD, MHScEd, MHA, BAppScN RM, RN
- Women Health
- Migrant Health
- Public Health
- Nursing Education and Assessment
- Working towards better oral health and dental care for underprivileged patients with chronic inflammatory arthritis
- Using eHealth to improve patients’ management of chronic diseases
- Breast cancer awareness and breast self-examination: outcome of a community-based health-van education program
- Cheng VCC, Chen JH, Ng WC, Wong JY, Chow DMK, Law TC, So SY, Wong SC, Chan TC, Chan FH, Ho PL, Yuen KY. Emergence of Carbapenem- Resistant Acinetobacter baumannii in Nursing Homes With High Background Rates of MRSA Colonization. Infection Control & Hospital Epidemiology, 2016 Apr 25:1-4.
- Vincent CC Cheng, Josepha WM Tai, Zoie SY Wong, Jonathan HK Chen, Kris BQ Pan, Yizchen Hai, Wing-Chun Ng, Denise MK Chow, Miranda CY Yau, Jasper FW Chan, Sally CY Wong, Herman Tse, Sophia SC Chan, Kwok-Leung Tsui, Felix HW Chan, Pak-Leung Ho and Kwok-Yung Yuen. Transmission of methicillin-resistant staphylococcus aureus in the long term care facilities in Hong Kong, BMC Infectious Diseases 2013, 13:205.
- Chan SSC, Chow DMK, Lok EKY, Wong DCN, Cheng KKF, Fung WYC and Cheung PSY. (2007) Using a community-based outreach program to improving breast health awareness among women in Hong Kong. Public Health Nursing, 24(3), 265-273.
- Chow DMK, and Yip KH (2003) "HKU Nursing Health Ambassador Program to Primary Schools (HKUNHAP-PS)". SARS Bulletin.
- Book chapter. Chow DMK, (1992) "Clinical Education in the Pre-registration Nursing Undergraduate Program" in the book "The transition of nurse education".
- Research paper“Use Interactive Web-based program to teach clients’self-management of chronic diseases” in London Social Sciences & Education Conference in August 2016
- Research paper “Chinese Migrant Family adaptation to Hong Kong and the health behavior change after migration” in Association of Children’s Welfare Agencies Conference 2014 in August 2014.
- Research paper “Chinese Migrant Women's Knowledge, Attitudes, and Behaviors toward Health Promotion and Health Prevention” in the ICN 25 th Quadrennial Congress in May 2013.
- Research paper “Benefits, Barriers and Strategies of Nursing Students’ Clinical Practice in Private Hospitals” presented in the International Nursing Conference in Peking Union Medical College Hospital, 2012.
- "Chinese Migrant Women Knowledge, Attitudes, and Behaviors toward Health Promotion and Health Prevention" presented in the 5th Hong Kong International Nursing Forum (June 2010).
- "Health of migrant women in Hong Kong and their counterparts in China: a comparative study" ;presented in the Leura conference (Sydney) (Nov 2008).
- "A SARS Preventive Health Promotion Program to Primary Schools by Nursing Students" presented in the First Asia-Pacific regional Adolescent health Congress (Jan 2004).
- "Arousing Breast Cancer Awareness through Public Health Education" presented in the 10th Hong Kong International cancer Congress (Oct 2003).