Targeted Taught Postgraduate Programmes Fellowships Scheme
The “Targeted Taught Postgraduate Programmes Fellowships Scheme” is introduced by the HKSAR Government with the aim to attract meritorious local students to pursue further studies in priority areas conducive to the strategic development of Hong Kong. Administered under the University Grants Committee (UGC), fellowship places have been allocated for HKU Master of Nursing (MNurs) programme in the 2023/24 and 2024/25 academic year.
- Local students who are admitted to the MNurs programme in full-time or part-time study mode for the 2023/24 and 2024/25 intake will be eligible to apply for the Fellowships.
- 30 fellowships will be awarded in 2023/24 and 2024/25 respectively. The fellowship students are required to pay a tuition fee of HK$42,100, which is the prevailing rate of the UGC-funded programmes, and the differences will be subsidised by the Fellowships subject to a cap of HK$120,000 (for the whole taught postgraduate programme, regardless of the actual study period of the programme).
- Criteria for Assessment
- The award of the Fellowships will be based on merits taking into account the students' academic achievements, professional qualifications, relevant work experience, achievements in other areas, and a proposal submitted by the student on how they can contribute to the priority area in promoting good health of Hong Kong after completing the MNurs programme.
- Application for the 2023/24 academic year
To apply for the Fellowship, please complete the following procedures:
Application Deadline [applies to procedures (1) and (2)]:
[First round] 12:00 noon (GMT + 8), Feb 17, 2023
[Second round] 12:00 noon (GMT +8), Mar 31, 2023
Submit Application for Admission (with supporting documents)
Submit Application for Fellowships
Attend Admission Interview
(for shortlisted applicants ONLY)
Accept Admission Offer and Pay Deposit
(for successful applicants ONLY)
Successful Applicants for the Fellowships will be notified individually
- For more details on the Fellowships, please refer to the UGC's website.
|*1.||Non-local students holding (a) student visa / entry permit; (b) visa / entry permit under the Immigration Arrangements for Non-local Graduates; or (c) dependant visa / entry permit who were 18 years old or above when they were issued with such visa / entry permit by the Director of Immigration are NOT eligible for the Fellowships.|
|#2.||To avoid double subsidy, students who are receiving other forms of government scholarships (except student financial assistance) for pursuing the same programme are not eligible to apply.|