International Student Exchange Programme
- International Exchange
- HKU’s vision statement for 2016-2025 specifies Internationalisation as one of the 3+1 I’s supporting the University’s commitment to being Asia’s Global University, alongside Interdisciplinarity, Innovation and Impact. In line with the University’s strategic theme of internationalisation, many efforts have been made in expanding students and staff diversity and collaboration network. As of December 2019, the School has entered into agreement with 46 renowned School of Nursing around the globe, providing opportunities for students from our partner universities and HKU nursing students to learn, feel and experience a different learning environment, a different culture and a different taste of life.
Please click to view Exchange & Life Enrichment Booklet 2018/19
Outgoing Exchange Programme
- The outgoing exchange programme organised by the School begins in 2010. Over the last ten years, more than 700 undergraduate students have participated in this exchange Programme and visited to renowned School of Nursing around the globe including Australia, Canada, Chile, China, Greece, Ireland, Japan, Singapore, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Taiwan, Thailand, UK and USA. The School is dedicated to expand its global networks in order to enable our students to widen their worldviews through first-hand experience of the cultural, social, political, and economic factors impacting on health and health care services in a geographical location outside Hong Kong.
In 2018 – 2019, a total of 168 students joined the exchange programme at 36 partner universities.
- Pontifica Universidad Católica de Chile, Chile
- Case Western Reserve University, USA (2019)
- Duke University, USA (2019)
- Johns Hopkins University, USA
- New York University, USA
- University of Connecticut, USA (2019)
- University of Pennsylvania, USA (2019) (2020)
- University of Texas Health Science Centre at Houston, USA (2019)
- Incoming Exchange Programme
- International students are welcome to join us for a semester or a short-term exchange programme. Through lectures, clinical visits and lately enhanced programmes, including clinical observation placement and stimulating experiential learning activities, international students will be able to identify the difference between health care systems in Hong Kong and their home country. The “East meets West Luncheon”, High Table Dinner and Student Ambassador Scheme also provide a wonderful opportunity for different groups of international students to meet with our students and staff.
131 students from 25 partner universities attended the exchange programme in 2018 – 2019.
- PAPRSB Institute of Health Sciences, Brunei Darussalam (SEANERN) (2018)
- Universitas Indonesia, Indonesia (SEANERN) (2018)
- International Islamic University Malaysia, Malaysia (SEANERN) (2018)
- University of Nursing Yangon, Myanmar (SEANERN) (2018)
- Chiang Mai University, Thailand (2018)
- Mahidol University, Thailand (2019)
- University of the Philippines, The Philippines (SEANERN) (2018)
- National University of Singapore, Singapore (2019)
- Duy Tan University, Vietnam (SEANERN) (2018)
- Nam Dinh Nursing University, Vietnam (SEANERN) (2018)
- Jonkoping University (2019)
The “East-meets-West” Luncheon has been serving as a platform for both incoming and outgoing exchange students to strengthen their social network with students from different parts of the world.East-meets-West Luncheon 2019
Vibrant and proactive HKUSON students, who are excited to meet new friends around the world, will serve as HKUSON Student Ambassadors. As a Student Ambassador, the student will take up the role to introduce HKU and the School to students from the visiting institutions, to arrange cultural activities and to provide support in the University community. It is a great opportunity for HKUSON students to strengthen the sense of belonging towards the School and enhance their communication skills, social skills, and proactiveness.Student Ambassador Scheme