PhD, Msc. (Nutr & Diet), BN, RN, APD (Australia)
Dr. Mandy Ho is an Assistant Professor at the School of Nurisng, the University of Hong Kong. She is a registered nurse and dietitian who has worked in academic institutions, hospitals and non-governmental agencies both in Hong Kong and Australia. With a double qualification in nursing and dietetics, she has involved in various community and research projects on the promotion and evaluation of child and adolescent health, prevention and management of obesity, insulin resistance, pre-diabetes and diabetes. Since 2001, she has participated in the development, implementation and evaluation of some major health-promoting schools pioneer projects, school-based healthy eating promotion and weight management projects in Hong Kong. She received her PhD at the University of Sydney in 2014 and joined the School of Nursing in October 2016. Dr. Ho’s research interests are on the prevention and management of lifestyle related diseases with a major focus on obesity, prediabetes and diabetes.
- Health Education and Health Promotion
- Nutrition and dietetics
- Prevention and management of lifestyle related diseases with a major focus on obesity, insulin resistance, prediabetes and diabetes
- Nutrition assessment
- Health promotion and education
- Systematic review and meta-analysis
|Funding Scheme||Project Title||Approved Amount (HK$)|
|Enhanced New Staff Start-up Research Grant||Diabetes self-management mobile phone applications||380,000|
- Ho M, Heath A-L, Gow M, Baur L, Cowell C, Samman S, et al. Zinc intake, zinc bioavailability and plasma zinc in obese adolescents with clinical insulin resistance following low energy diets. Ann Nutr Metab. 2016;69(2):135-41.
- Ho M, Baur L, Cowell C, Samman S, Garnett S. Zinc status, dietary zinc intake and metabolic risk in Australian children and adolescents; Nepean Longitudinal Study. Eur J Nutr. 2016:1-8.
- Ho M, Benitez-Aguirre PZ, Donaghue KC, Mitchell P, Baur LA, Jenkins AJ, et al. Arterial elasticity in obese adolescents with clinical features of insulin resistance. Diab Vasc Dis Res. 2015;12(1):62-9.
- Ho M, Halim JH, Gow ML, El-Haddad N, Marzulli T, Baur LA, et al. Vitamin B12 in obese adolescents with clinical features of insulin resistance. Nutrients. 2014;6(12):5611-8.
- Ho M, Gow M, Baur LA, Benitez-Aguirre PZ, Tam CS, Donaghue KC, et al. Effect of fat loss on arterial elasticity in obese adolescents with clinical insulin resistance: RESIST Study. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2014;99(10):E1846-E53.
- Ho M, Gow M, Halim J, Chisholm K, Baur L, Noakes M, et al. Effect of a prescriptive dietary intervention on psychological dimensions of eating behavior in obese adolescents. Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act. 2013;10(1):119.
- Ho M, Garnett SP, Baur LA, Burrows T, Stewart L, Neve M, et al. Impact of dietary and exercise interventions on weight change and metabolic outcomes in obese children and adolescents: A systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized trials. JAMA Pediatrics. 2013;167(8):759-68.
- Ho M, Garnett SP, Baur L, Burrows T, Stewart L, Neve M, et al. Effectiveness of lifestyle interventions in child obesity: Systematic review with meta-analysis. Pediatrics. 2012;130(6):e1647-e71.
- Gow ML, Ho M, Burrows TL, Baur LA, Stewart L, Hutchesson MJ, et al. Impact of dietary macronutrient distribution on BMI and cardiometabolic outcomes in overweight and obese children and adolescents: a systematic review. Nutr Rev. 2014;72(7):453-70.
- Garnett SP, Gow M, Ho M, Baur LA, Noakes M, Woodhead HJ, et al. Optimal macronutrient content of the diet for adolescents with prediabetes; RESIST a randomised control trial. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2013;98(5):2116-25.